NBR, Buna-N, Acrylonitrile Butadine (NITRILE):
NBR, also known as Buna-N, Acrylonitrile Butadine or its trade name Nitrile, is a copolymer of Butadiene and Acrylonitirle. As the single most commonly used elastomer for elastomeric sealing products, it has excellent overall properties and applications for both cut gaskets, and molded seals and components. It has outstanding resistance to hydrocarbon oils, fuels and greases. It exhibits good tensile strength as well as abrasion resistance and compression set resistance.
- -40F to +250F
Common Physical Attributes:
- Black in color (other colors can be compounded upon volume special request)
- 70 +/- 5 Durometer (hardness rating)
- 90 +/- 5 Durometer (hardness rating)
- Excellent tensile strength
- Good abrasion resistance
- Exceptionally resistant to petroleum base oils and hydrocarbon fuels.
- Performs well with most dilute acids, lubricants, silicone oils and most water applications.
Not Recommended for use with:
- Extremely high concentrations of Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Phosphate Ester Hydraulic Fluids